19.8.11

Mongolia after 7 years or really in 10 years

So I flew to Mongolia the flight is really short and sweet. When I got there there was Mongolian citizen line and foreign visitors line at the immigration. I thought I will be done so quick since I am Mongolian national. I was wrong. They made me wait there for like 30 mins. Got questioned about how I left the country and new registration had been done on my passport etc. What happened was that they did not see departure stamp from Mongolia on my passport. Last time when they put the stamp on my passport the ink was really faint and they missed to see it. Anyways, I made it through and then got picked up by my family and was able to experience Mongolia. The road from airport to UB was pretty messed up. Just like when I left the country 7 years ago. I was shocked that after this many years why have not they fixed it. It was nice to see my family after many years. I had tsuivan as my first meal there. After I got there I found out the summer plumbing project has started in the city and each districts takes turn. This time the place I was staying had their turn and was told that hot water should had been back a month ago but it had not. Luckily Mongolian air so dry that I did not sweat a bit and my skin looked better than in 7 years just being there. I did not take a shower but no sweat and my skin was back to normal perfect look. Strange how my skin preferred Mongolian weather over any other place’s. I had about a week before Ash came to Mongolia. The air quality in the city was pretty bad due to too many suv’s and cars. It was nice to see green Bogd Khan Mountain right next to Ulaanbaatar. Although in Utah the mountains are right in Salt Lake it did not look the same as Mongolian mountains. The Bogd Khan Mountain looked more natural and beautiful than Utah mountains. Very green. I guess this summer it rained quite a bit. It was still little chilly but I liked that kinda weather. As far as food is concerned people are eating little too much mutton nowadays. Cuz they are costing half the price of beef. When I was in Mongolia it was mostly beef. Mutton did taste gross in steamed form but was really good when it was fried or boiled. I did not that much first few days. Took me 3-4 days to really get used to the food. I will write more later. This is getting really long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment