18.8.11

Summer Trip Korea Part1

We had a great long vacation this summer. I took a month off of work and Ash took 2 weeks off. We had different flights almost the whole trip except only one flight we were together. Last time I left the states was when I visited Korea and Mongolia for a short time like a week back in 2004. I mostly took flights inside the US since that time and noticed that significant change in Airline industry when it comes to internation flights. I took Korea air and Singapore air and both airlines Entertainment system changed completely since last time I flew internationally. Probably because of the recent advancement in computer and entertainment in general. I stayed at PJ and Lorri's for a week. I had no problem of finding their place. Since last time I was in Seoul, this city has once again transformed itself. Most of the subway’s are upgraded with glass protective doors like the ones at airport usually. People dress so much better now in Korea than they did 7 years ago. More advancement had been made in Korean Hyundai car industry. Yes they are nation that love their national products. I did travel countryside and to Busan of Korea by their new bullet train. I love the Korean countryside. Lush green pointy low hills and rice farming everywhere. The railroad from Seoul to Busan went through at least 100 mountain tunnels tells you how expensive the project was. I visited my brother who was working there by Busan. I took several buses to get there. Some of the mountains in Busan reminded me of Hawaii. Busan in general is not high techy city like Seoul but it has its own Pearl Harbour or Honolulu feel to it(not as exactly the same) The beach there was not as pretty as North shore or Hawaii’s but still got nice long sandy beach. People there for sure have different fashion style than Seoul. They do have many tourists visiting Busan. I did go out quite a bit in Busan with my brother. Busan did have subway but pretty small and have little older payment system like how seoul subway was 7 years ago. Seoul’s subway payment system got complete makeover now. There was not whole a lot to see in Busan compare to Seoul. But it did have quite a bit natural spots or temples to go by the shores. I spent in a motel in Busan with my brother, awkward experience since mostly couples go there. We found out it was a lot cheaper to spend night at JimJilBan Korean public bath place for like 7500 Won. Cheapest crappiest motel was like around $60,000 WON. On my birthday Ash I went to LotteWorld. It was pretty fun there. Almost 90% of the people there were couples who were on dates. In the States 90% of it would be families with their kids. That shows you how young Korea is. Seoul did become one of the most advanced tech cities due to its later development, almost everything was built with future technology in mind unlike old Europe and states they built their city anew. I will write later more about the trip.

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to hear about your adventures! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete