10.1.11

Mind Over Body

Last week was very fun except Ash got sick. we enjoyed golds Gym Sauna and jacuzzi.
I had interesting experience at wal-mart. I saw this E3000 router for $79 but i saw that
router anywhere else for 140 or more priced. So I was confused why WallMart listed it like that
so i went there and when i bought it, the price was 149 and telling me that it was misplaced
and ended up talking to one of their worker and manager and after a long discussion they gave me the router for the listed price. I guess according to their policy customers have right to buy the item for advertised price excluding people misplacing their products. I struggled to install new flavor of Linux several times on my old college dell 9300 laptop. It was my ambition to use fedora and have java development sat up on there. We decided to give Prince of Persia a try since we started it out and left it there and never picked up. I picked it up and it is not one of the great Prince of Persia, but i will wait and find out. Cannot wait for the tax season since I am hoping to pay for my airfare to Mongolia with that. Also last year i skipped Gym for
3 months due to my Net+ certification. In my previous post I mentioned about how fast our bodies adapt. So if you have not gone to Gym for that long your body becomes efficient and stop producing more nitric oxide and creatine and other stuff. So pretty much you become weak. I wont blame our body for doing that. It is actually kinda smart system. If it was famine time or something if your body was keep spending its resources like no-famine time, you will die very soon. But since our body is efficient and adjusts according to what we take into our body and what we do to it, we can survive famine a lot longer. But since here in US we do not have famine, our body also adjusts to it little different way. I drive more now than i walk since I got a car.
So what does our body do to adjust to that? Well the energy has to go somewhere, so it stores it in our body as excess fat for famine time. But famine is never coming to U.S which means i better hitting gym asap. Just 3 months of absence from GYM can make your body weak.
But luckily I passed my certification test and have more time now to hit GYM. It is interesting to note here that last winter my bench max was 315lb but now it perhaps my max is 225lb. It takes only 3 months from 315 to 225 or less. That is proof right there without any scientific experiment. On the other hand our body also adjusts really quick. If i start hitting gym again i can catch upto 315lbs. But this time it will take longer than 3 months. I think it doubles, somewhere around there. It will be interesting study to do for any EXS majors out there to study the correlation between break time vs recovery time. But anyways, all I am saying here is our bodies are efficient and smart so knowing that make the most out of your body.
Our bodies are capable of doing great things, we just need to be smarter than our bodies like Arnold used to say "mind over body"

1 comment:

  1. Interesting point, Munkhtur!! Having a physically improved body definitely shows that you care - that you have self-pride and, more important, self-descipline. Fitness definitely gives you pride in what you can get that body to do if you prepare it properly like lifting 315 lbs., That's crazy, dude!! Think about it! Achieving whatever physical or academic goal you set for yourself, within your own limits, is possible as long as you are prepared to make the necessary effort. I guess it all goes along with 'Mind over body.' So keep moving 'or else you are bound for the grave.' ;)

    ReplyDelete